Miami Arts and Culture
Catching up quickly to New York and Chicago, Miami has become, over the last several years, one of the most important venues for contemporary art in the world. Six major art museums are located in the Miami and Miami Beach area: the Lowe Art Museum, the Bass Museum of Art, the Frost and Wolfsonian Museums at FIU, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MoCA), and the Miami Art Museum (MAM).
In addition, there are four major worldwide collectors living in Miami who open up their private collections to the public: the Martin Z. Margulies Collection, the Rubell Family Art Collection, the Rosa and Carlos de la Cruz Collection and the Cisneros Collection.
You may visit these museums and private collections on your own, or a VIP tour can be arranged through the Sagamore South Beach hotel concierge. Arrangements can also be made for private art tours throughout the Sagamore Hotel by contacting the office of the Art Curator.
The Miami area is also home to an outstanding group of performing arts theaters including the Filmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, Lincoln Theatre, Miami Theater of the Performing Arts, Gusman Theatre of the Performing Arts, James L. Knight International Center and the new Carnival Center for the Performing Arts. These venues host Broadway shows and operas, major musical performances and concerts, and more. Some of the top local performing arts groups featured include the Florida Grand Opera, the Miami City Ballet, the New World Symphony, and the Mid-Eastern Dance Exchange.On Miami Beach
- Bass Museum of Art - Collins at 21 St (3 blocks north of hotel)
- Holocaust Memorial - 1933-1945 Meridian Ave (4 blocks west of the hotel)
- Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater - 1700 Washington Ave (2 blocks from the hotel)
- Jewish Museum of Florida - 301 Washington Ave (12 blocks south of the hotel)
- Lincoln Theatre - 541 Lincoln Rd (steps away from the hotel)
- Wolfsonian Museum - 1001 Washington Ave (7 blocks south of hotel)
- WEAM World Erotic Art Museum - 1205 Washington Ave (6 blocks from the hotel)
For more information, contact our Miami Beach art deco hotel today!